2023 Volkswagen ID.3 Owner's Manual
Volkswagen was one of the first to produce electric cars with a sufficiently large reserve of autonomous driving. The model has been produced since 2015, the first generation provided a range of up to 250 km on a single charge, depending on the configuration and year of manufacture. Since 2021, the company has completely updated the concept of the car, putting it on its own platform, which has become the basis for a number of cars. From 2021 the e-Golf has been replaced by the Volkswagen ID.3. Sales volumes are about 90,000 units per year worldwide. The cost of the basic version of the hatchback is from $ 35,000.
Concept and design
The Volkswagen ID.3 is significantly different from the e-Golf in terms of design and feel. So, the car received a futuristic hatchback body, and not, as it was before, the classic Golf body with minor modifications. The base was the MEB platform, which is used on almost all new electric vehicles of the VAG group.
In 2022, the manufacturer shows what the new generation will look like – futuristic wheels, soft forms, an aggressive front and an unusually spacious interior through the use of new forms of seats and interior equipment. LED optics with intelligent detection of illumination, angle of illumination and detection of objects at a distance for more precise illumination of dimly lit areas.
The electric car will receive both basic versions from the previous generation with 150 or 204 hp motors, and a new version with a 299 hp power unit. The battery capacity is 55, 62 or 77 kWh, which is enough to drive on a distance of 280, 330 and 430 km, respectively, there is also fast charging, which charges the car by 50% in 30 minutes. According to the WLTP cycle, the car is able to drive 320, 370 and 520 km, respectively. The approximate energy consumption is kept at the level of 16-19 kWh.
The drive in all modifications is rear, the suspension is intelligent with auto-adjustment depending on the conditions and driving style.
Advantages and disadvantages
In the new model, the battery will be located in the floor, while the center of gravity will change, which will make the car more maneuverable in sharp turns and when changing lanes at high speed. The biggest advantage is increased autonomy, with the first two versions the capacity remains the same, but thanks to the Plug & Charge function, the stability of the nutrient element will become better, and the efficiency will increase by 2-6%. Among the shortcomings, it is worth highlighting the following:
• maximum speed limit of 160 km per hour;
• decrease in power reserve at temperatures from -3°C by 15-35%;
• high price for the basic version of $35,000;
• small luggage compartment.
Despite a more active loss of battery capacity in winter, the Volkswagen ID.3, aka the new generation e-Golf, shows one of the longest mileages on a single charge among mass-produced cars.
2023 Volkswagen ID.3 Overview
The 2023 Volkswagen ID.3 is an all-electric compact car that represents Volkswagen’s commitment to sustainable and electric mobility. Here are some key details about the 2023 Volkswagen ID.3:
The ID.3 is powered by an electric motor, typically producing a range of power outputs depending on the chosen variant.
The ID.3 offers a range of battery options, providing estimated electric ranges ranging from approximately 200 to 340 miles (320 to 550 kilometers) on a single charge, depending on the battery pack and configuration.
It supports fast DC charging, allowing you to replenish the battery quickly at compatible charging stations.
The ID.3 typically features rear-wheel drive, but all-wheel drive variants may be available.
Approximately 4.26 meters (167.7 inches)
Approximately 1.81 meters (71.3 inches)
Approximately 1.57 meters (61.8 inches)
– The ID.3 typically offers seating for up to 5 passengers in a comfortable and spacious interior.
– The ID.3 provides a practical cargo area suitable for daily use and commuting.
– The ID.3 features a modern and minimalist interior design with an emphasis on sustainability.
– It typically comes equipped with advanced infotainment systems, touchscreen displays, and connectivity options.
– Driver assistance features such as adaptive cruise control, lane-keeping assist, and automated parking may be available, depending on the trim level.
Charging and Efficiency:
– The ID.3 is designed for convenient home charging using standard household outlets or dedicated home chargers.
– It offers regenerative braking to enhance energy efficiency and maximize range.
– Routine maintenance for the ID.3 includes periodic servicing, brake checks, and inspections of the electric powertrain components.
– The ID.3 is built with reliability in mind, but like all electric vehicles, it may require occasional software updates or minor technical attention.